Friday, August 2, 2013

Whoa....it's August...how did that happen?

Hi all
Hope you've had a great summer so far!  July flew by and August is upon us.  My family and I have been having a great time this summer going to the beach, sleeping late, swimming in our pool, and we just returned from a week in Disney!  I bet you all have had fun this summer too!

I have found a few resources I'd like to share.  Since it's August, I guess we need to slowly start getting back in the groove for school!  Karen over at Adaptable, Flexible, Versatile Speech Language Therapy created a cute open-ended summer citrus game board.  Who doesn't love summer lemonade stands, right?  She shares ideas for articulation, auditory processing, vocabulary, and fluency too!

Brea at Let's Talk Speech Language Pathology is fabulous!  All her materials that she has created she shares with her peeps for FREE!  Love that!  Search out her site and join her blog. One activity I found was Articulation Bugs.  She has created two versions of the bugs:  one for "k, g, s" here and one for "f, r, l, w, s-blends"  here.  How groovy is that?  I plan to print out the bugs and use cute little fly swatters to let my students "squish" the bugs while saying their speech sounds.  It will be fun..and they won't even realize they are working!

Off to enjoy the sunshine!

~Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment